3.17.2010

SIX FLAGS

Whew. Awesome day yesterday. Oksama (which means "wife", and we call her that because she is the wife of the man the runs the church) took myself, the other American Mandy, and our friend Sotaro to the Japanese version of six flags. Now there are several cultural phenomena that I do not get particularly excited about: sports, shopping malls, theme parks - but this was really cool. We where only there for a short time, but I took a tone of pictures and did all the rides I could. Here are some shots...

"White Cyclone" was the first on the list. It is the standard rickety old wooden roller coaster, which is a must at all parks. As we approached something caught my eye: Interestingly enough their are two flags right before the first drop - yep the red, white, and blue baby. They must have knew I was coming. On another intersting note, if you look close you'll notice that it says, "DO NOT STAND UP" . . .
in English . . .
in Japan. . .
What's that tell you?
Yep. We're idiots.



Here is the same roller coaster from above (waaaaay above) while I am on the ferris wheel. I could make a pretty good argument that the ferris wheel was actually the scariest ride there. Very HIGH, very SLOW, very WINDY. Did I mention the park was built on the shore? The shore of the PACIFIC!



Here is said Ferris Wheel.



This was as we where walking out of the park. While I did not even think about jumping on this particular ride, I did enjoy all the screams that were coming from it. As well as their legs flailing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment